little messy missy

little messy missy

Friday, September 27, 2013

Destroyed Kitchens and Cha, Cha, Cha, Changes!!!

I am getting a new kitchen. I have a wonderful neighbor who just happens to be a carpenter. He was on a job where he took out solid oak cabinets. He filled his truck up with them and brought them home to us. it took him three trips. There are soooo many cabinets. What a nice man thinking of us. We will have a beautiful kitchen by the time we are done with everything. My son, hubby, and soon-to-be son-in law have all ready put the cabinets up and this weekend the staining begins. I am very excited. I love taking something someone thought was ugly or no longer useful and making it into something beautiful.
My son tearing out cabinets.
 Under my cabinets we found the most unuseal patterens. My house was built in 1931. Well, it was moved to this properity in 1931. It used to be just one room. Then they added a bathroom and bedroom. Several years later they added another bedroom and a frontroom.  Later on they dug out the basement, fruit room and additional bedroom. My house is all pieced together. 
sexy carpet
 linoleum
 more linoleum
I even found out I had double counter tops. So strange. I can't wait for the finished room.  

Changes......
Today was my last day at the school I have worked at for the past several years. I am going to another school in the same district to work in a Behavior Unit. I was previously in Functional Skills and I loved that, but this is my true love. Dealing with the kids others have given up on. The difficult behaviors. Time consumers.... I love it. I can't wait. I start Monday. I am honored to move into this classroom and work with such awesome people. So here's to changes, may they ever increase your knowledge, challenge your abilities and scare you just a bit!!!!
xoxoxoxoxox

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck with your new job and enjoy your new kitchen cabinets! Oh, linoleum . . . . it was still in use when I was a kid although even then, tiles were beginning to take over.

Kristine said...

I love all the old hidden stuff you find when you remodel homes. :) Such whacky stuff. Cool though.

Yarni Gras! said...

I love seeing all that "stuff' you've uncovered. Good luck with your new position!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Wish I had a carpenter next door! I need a kitchen as well. I'll take anything new at the moment. I fear I may have to move away to get something new! Good luck with the next job and all those cha cha changes! XO

A Little Creation said...

Lucky you a new kitchen! Congratulations on the new job, they kids will be luck to have someone who cares so much.
Chris =]

Jay said...

I'm just catching up! Your new kitchen is so exciting and all the things you've uncovered - I love the linoleum!
Good luck with the job which you've obviously already started, hope it's going well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails